Friday, February 16, 2007

My 100k Plan

I need goals, rules, and guidelines in poker or I just don't stay disciplined, my biggest weakness. Being 19 and having way too much $ will do that to most anyone I think. Therefore I'm coming up with a plan I'm gonna stick to till I hit $100,000. Tonight I cashed out all but 3,500.This is an aggressive plan, but I need a challenge and I think I can do this and think it will make me better. I have been grinding 3/6 for way too long.I'm starting at 1/2. Once I hit the BR mark I will move to stated level...4k -> 2/46k -> 3/610k -> 5/1025k -> 10/2060k -> 25/50If I drop down below the BR mark for that level, I will move back down till I get it back.I'll play alot of HU cash probably, but also 6max. I'm gonna try to really concentrate when I play, and play no more than 5 tables at a time. I of course will allow myself to play lower limits than my bankroll suggests if huge fish are there, like playing 3/6 with 20k, but I really don't plan on it. The best players suggest being aggressive with your bankroll, and playing tough opponents and finding ways to beat them is necessary. I am sick of relying on fish at lower levels.For HU sng's I'm using the 30 buy in rule but I doubt I'll play very many.If I happen to play tournaments, they won't count towards this, I will probably only play the Sunday's anyway.I have no clue how long this will take, lately I haven't had that much time for poker. I am going to cash out during this process too, to keep putting $ into stocks, but I will count the $ i cash out towards being part of my bankroll even if it's not online since if I really need to, I can get it there anyway.

I'm not gonna be updating here much more, because I'm updating my progress each day on www.talkingpoker.com

No comments: